As of July 1, 2019 there will be a minimal charge of $5.00 per request.
To request a copy of an obituary, please email the department at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed request. Obituaries are emailed as a BMP or PDF file (please state which you prefer in your request). If you send a request using a gmail email address, you may wish to include an alternate email address for a response, as our provider and gmail don’t always work well together for some reason.
Do to staffing, the library is not able to do lengthy or in-depth searches. If you require such, you may either contact the Clay County Genealogy Library at https://www.ccgsilib.org/ with a request. Thank you.
Here are a lists of some of the items at the Brazil Public Library that may help you with your family history research. (Files will open in a new tab)
Helpful External Links (links will open in a new tab)
- Indiana Databases on Familysearch.org
- US GenWeb – Indiana
- Indiana State Library Genealogy Collection
- National Cemetery Administration Military Headstone Locator
- Hoosier State Chronicles -Digital Historic Newspapers
- Indiana Memory
- Indiana Digital Archives
- Historic Sanborn Maps
- Historic American Newspapers
- International List of Cause of Death
- Indiana State Historic Architectural and Archaeological Research Database
- National Archives